Are you an experienced Buyer looking to join Wales leading Construction company?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable Construction Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Buyer to play a crucial role in procurement across the business. You will be based at our Head office in Abergavenny.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Buyer, you will be supporting the Senior Buyers in leading procurement for all sectors of the Griffiths business in order to deliver best value, high quality, innovation, collaboration, risk reduction and opportunity optimisation.
On a day to day basis, the successful Buyer‘s duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- The implementation and continuous improvement of the company’s procurement processes and procedures.
- Supporting Griffiths’ business strategy and business plans, working closely with the team to roll-out key initiatives and achieve the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Attending contract handover meetings to ensure the delivery of materials and sub-contractors on time and within budget,
- Develop and implement robust supply chain relationships to support business and project goals. Assisting with the composing of tender lists and diligent analytical review of tender returns. Supporting the team as required in making procurement recommendations.
- Support the Pre-Construction and Estimating teams indesign meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty and supply chain development at Tender stage, Arrange and attend pre-start meetings with supply chain and Griffiths Team. Ensure the tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders and material orders in line with the bid submission timescales.
- Support the Senior Buyers and delivery teams, to provide comprehensive procurement advice, guidance and the necessary information to delivery teams, to support the successful commercial approach to sub-contracts and material procurement.
- Work closely with members of the Commercial team, to ensure best value is achieved on projects and commercial reporting requirements are met. Ensuring risks are minimized through the procurement process and that contract preparation and execution by sub-contractors is undertaken in line with Company requirements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Buyer in Construction and have the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience of relationship building with supply chain and customers
- Demonstrable experience of procuring sub-contracts in accordance with standard forms
- Excellent grammar and language skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
Although not essential, having experience in any of the following would be beneficial:
- Minimum three years experience within the Civil Engineering, Rail or Utilities Sector.
- Knowledge of modern civil engineering techniques, plant & equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs and issues.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.