Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for Railway Contractors Responsible Engineers (CREs) x3 to join our Rail Team. Initially based on Transport for Wales schemes in Treforest, Pontypridd. We are looking for an experienced Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) Civils looking to take the next career step.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
Reporting to the project Engineering Manager and working with the Project Managers for the Packages of work, you will be required to manage the Engineering Assurance of any scale of project to comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
• Maintain technical knowledge and status in line with post.
• Ensure discipline design or construction complies with current applicable standards, legislative requirements and specification.
• Participate in interdisciplinary design check meetings as necessary.
• Provide support for tender processes including review of pre-tender information, planning, estimating and quality submissions.
• Compliance with the Construction (Design) Management Regulations 2015 and the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006.
• Act as engineering mentor for staff in line with POPs.
• Identify any proposals for improving environmental sustainably or safety performance in regard to construction methodology.
• Input into and review the Construction Phase Plan and any Work Package Plan methodology and risk mitigation measures.
• Carry out periodic reviews of engineers’ competencies.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
• Good communication skills
• Experience of managing temporary and permanent designs
• Good working knowledge on buildability
• Able to interpret drawings and resolve problems with the design and construction team
• Work to the Network Rail Standards as applied to the schemes
• Civil Engineering, IEng and working towards to Chartered Status
At least eight years relevant experience in a construction or project management role, within the railway industry
• Knowledge of the GRIP & PACE Process
• Excellent leadership, communication and IT skills
• Relevant CSCS card