Are you a Design Manager looking to take the lead on the biggest infrastructure projects in the Midlands?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable Construction Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Welsh Water Major Civils Framework project in Birmingham. Griffiths are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Sandwell, West Bromwich, Solihull, Coventry, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Evesham, Redditch, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Stourport on Severn, Bewdley, Bridgnorth, Hereford, Stratford upon Avon.
As a Design Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Welsh Water Main Civils Framework and the Worcestershire Highways Framework
The Design Manager will be accountable for the following within each project:
- Ensuring completeness of scope in the Design Brief and allocation of the remit to the designer(s)
- Accountable for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of technical and engineering activities.
- Ensure suitable design is delivered within safety, sustainability, time, cost, and quality requirements.
- Communication of the design programme to the project team and Client as required.
- Management of design change in line with the Site Change Control process and mitigation of any design delays where applicable.
- Engagement in the periodic assessment of our designer’s performance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience as a Design Manager and experience in the construction industry.
Qualifications & Training
- Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent relevant body desirable
- Knowledge and experience using various BIM packages when working in Network Rail Commo
In the role of Design Manager, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contribudesitory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities