At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
You will be joining a dynamic and inclusive commercial team, surrounded by a group of people who want to learn and develop. This will provide you with the opportunity to grow and progress in the team, whilst being supported at all times and to develop into a key line manager role within 18months.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team at our Head Offices in Abergavenny. Working on a hybrid basis, on site 2 days per week.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Finance Manager, you will be supporting the Senior Finance Manager leading the monthly financial reporting function and on a day to day basis, some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts ready for consolidation of the Griffiths financials into SSC.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager and the Financial Controller in delivering the statutory audit process for WBC and AGC.
- To ensure governance and compliance are adhered to with SOx, accounting standards and rules of business, and are in line with group requirements.
- Develop the reporting for the capex cashflow planning and assisting the Financial Controller and Group in the decision-making process of buy/lease or external hire analysis.
- To be responsible for and proactively manage the allocated trial balances.
- To assist the Senior Finance Manager in managing the budgeting and forecasting cycles and ensuring that there is business accountability through the process.
- Deliver month-end accounting of WBC and Rail results into the Senior Finance Manager and be responsible for management of balance sheets posting with adherence to controls, provisions and reconciliations.
- Reporting overhead performance internally to department leaders with analytics on potential cost improvements.
- Working alongside the WBC Plant Director for operating efficiencies and process development.
- Prepare for and be part of ERP migration.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a Part / Qualified Accountant, actively studying towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA or demonstrable QBE.
- Ideally coming from a multi site, construction or manufacturing businesses.
- Demonstrable understanding of complex organisations, key business issues and balance sheet controls / reconciliations.
- Understanding of IFRS16 Lease Accounting.
- Understanding of Contract Accounting and IFRS 15 revenue recognition.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.