Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for a Foreman (Site Supervisor) who will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of Rail projects and ensuring that all company procedures and Construction Phase Plans and all associated documentation is communicated and adhered to.
The Foreman will be responsible a variety of tasks including:
- Providing health and safety leadership to the operational delivery site team
- Ensuring that site team rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules
- Ensuring the teams are organised and well-motivated to safely meet the required programme milestones
- Setting site teams to work safely in accordance with assessed construction risks and adherence with the defined control measures
- Set site teams to work safely in accordance with assessed construction risks and effectively communicate the control measures and ensure they are maintained.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, Network Rail, Group Standards and Network Rails Life Saving Rules
- Management of Foreman, Site Supervisors and other resources
- Promoting and maintaining effective client and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to enable repeat business
- Upholding the core company values, inspire and encouraging the same throughout the team
- Supporting the Site Agent in managing the efficient and effective planning of the works (methodology) and plant and labour resources
- Organising, setting up and maintaining the designated Principal Contractors area, maintenance and security thereafter
- Ensuring the timely ordering and delivery of all plant and equipment appropriate for safe delivery of the works and is secured and maintained effectively
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant experience along with proven leadership skills. Its is likely you’ve been in your current role for a number of years and as a result built up a significant skills and developed some great construction experience that you are now ready to apply in a new challenge.
In addition you’ll be Personal Track Safety certificated and have CITB SMSTS certification. You many also be qualified to NVQ Level 6 – Construction Site Management and have full first aid at work certification. Ideally you’ll also be CPCS Plant Certification and be an A61 – Appointed Person
You will also be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.