At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Framework Manager to join our team in South Wales on our Natural Resources Wales Framework.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Based on the Natural Resources Wales Framework, the Framework Manager has a responsibility to ensure that the Projects are accurately priced, delivered on time and to budget in a safe, environmentally friendly manner and to the high quality standards set by the Operations Director. They will also:
- Engage with the Client, Designer and supply chain during the ECI phase, assisting the client in budget setting for upcoming projects.
- Identify value Engineering opportunities and feel confident to challenge concept designs to derive the best Value, best Quality and Safest end product for the Client and end user.
- Fully develop the ECI with Client and Designer to detailed design, building a Target Cost to ensure the schemes are priced accurately, risks are understood, costed and allocated to the most appropriate owner.
- Develop agreed programmes and methodologies during the ECI phase
- Mentor and develop junior staff/direct reports so as to raise Safety, Quality, and Environmental standards throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and champion Carbon reduction during the ECI and construction phases of Projects
- Develop and champion innovation of new plant and materials across all Framework activities.
- Own and push progress across all projects, looking at alignments and efficiencies across the master programme of works so as to achieve a continuation of site works ensuring operations staff and fully utilized.
- Become a Framework expert offering a high level of service to this key Client. Ensure Alun Griffiths comply with all Client and legal obligations throughout the duration of the projects.
- Use the NEC Contract mechanisms to administer the Contract, issuing NCE’s, EW’s etc. in a timely manner, working with Client PM to minimise disruption, delay and increased costs to the projects.
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team
- Develop and build upon a partnering working relationship with Clients and Consultants and report any potential issues or opportunities to the Framework Manager and Operations Director
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Framework Manager, and review the Contract Programme for their Section and inform of any improvements or concerns
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery through the development and management of a Project Risk Register for wider programme issues, ensuring that the Agents develop and manage their section specific Risk Registers for local issues
- Set and align targets in line with budget forecast, review cost/value with Commercial Manager through weekly cost meetings
- Identify and action improvements to prevent losses, maximise profitability, and report Cost/Value to the Framework Manager on a Monthly basis
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a candidate ideally with previous Project Management experience within an operational environment who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Extensive experience of Civil Engineering industry particularly ideally with experience of working in and adjacent to waterways, dams, flood alleviation and coastal projects, etc.
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Able to adopt and champion a partnering ethos across all stakeholders in the project and Framework lifecycle
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths