Are you a Highways Operative based near the Isle of Anglesey? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
Griffiths are currently looking to recruit a Highways Operative to join our team operating on the Isle of Anglesey.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Highways Operative, the purpose of this role is undertaking installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway apparatus and assets. This is a physically demanding role which involves manual work including manual handling, working outdoors in all weather conditions, on public highways and footways.
A requirement of this role is to be on a stand-by/call out rota to manage the attendance to emergencies and reactive work outside of normal working hours as required.
Highways Operative Duties and Activities involve:
- Construction, including widening and repairing of roads, cycleways and footways
- Installation and repair of kerbs, edgings, block and flagged paving
- Repair potholes and cracks in surfacing
- Maintain roadside verges
- Installation, maintenance or removal of assets and street furniture such as signs and posts, lighting columns, bollards, fencing, barriers and ironworks
- Excavating and reinstatement of trenches for duct and drainage installation
- Installation and repairs to inspection chambers, road gullies, drainage and ducted systems.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have previous Highways Operative experience and the following:
- Previous experience required of civils works, operating machinery, working on the highway
- Full understanding of utility drawings and the dangers of damaging underground and overhead services
- HGV Class 2 driver and NPORS or City and Guilds qualifications in gritter and snowplough for winter maintenance operations or a willingness and commitment to train for this role
- Willingness and commitment to work out of normal working hours as part of a rota system in all seasons
- Plant Operator or a willingness and commitment to train for this role as required
- NRSWA Operative. Signing, guarding excavation and reinstatement or a willingness and commitment to train for this qualification
- CSCS card
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths