Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
Operating out of strategically located centres, with a large directly employed workforce and extensive plant fleet we have the flexibility and resources to respond swiftly to clients’ needs. Our experience embraces both the public and private sectors and includes major and minor capital projects, framework and term maintenance contracts, partnering and joint venture alliances. As a regional company, we have an inherent interest in the social, economic and environmental well-being of the areas within which we live and work. We invest in these local communities through every project we undertake.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac Plc, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We are currently seeking a HR Advisor to join the Griffiths business, based in Abergavenny on a 12-month fixed-term contract
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the small HR Team to provide first-line HR Generalist support to designated teams, to include Employee Relations case management, drive the implementation of policies and people initiatives, coach and upskill people leaders as well as contribute to key business projects.
You will also:
- Ensure compliance with employment law and company policies and procedures at all times – sharing knowledge and upskilling people leaders
- Provide advice and guidance in respect of all employee relations cases, including disciplinary, grievance, discrimination, absence management, performance management etc – ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and with respect.
- Assist in the management of short and long-term absence, balancing the welfare of employees and the needs of the business to identify solutions and remedies and in accordance with Company Policy
- Coach and support people leaders in interviewing, assessment and selection methods, providing support in the design and delivery of competency based assessment centres / interviews
- Provide constructive challenge to the business and management teams to help drive the business performance, process excellence and embed the people strategy on a local level
- Contribute to health & wellbeing programmes across the business
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be in receipt or have experience of any of the following:
- Knowledge of Employment Law and ability to implement this in practical situations
- Ability to coach and influence at a range of levels within the organisation
- Strategic thinker with commercial awareness of the business operations, deliverables and challenges – but also comfortable to deliver at an operational/tactical level
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to identify trends, problems, solutions and enable informed business decisions
- Drive and a desire to shape, create and implement change, processes improvements and new ways of working
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths