Are you an experienced Construction/Civil Engineering Planner?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
Griffiths are looking to recruit a Planner working full time as part of our South Wales Team working on various civil engineering schemes in and around the Wales area. Initially working on our Coed Ely scheme, the successful applicant would also work with our team on the recently awarded South Wales Trunk Road Agency (SWTRA) Highways and Structures Framework.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Planner reporting directly to the Management on each of the schemes, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for each project.
Key responsibilities of the Planner will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Compiling the forecast programmes, complete with line managements forecast resources, and maintaining progress reporting to contribute to labour and plant efficiency and other forms of reporting.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Planner on construction projects. You will also meet the below requirements:
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, project uses P6, ASTA Powerproject and Microsoft Project
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths