Founded in 1968, Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Planner to join our South West England Region, initially working full time on our St Austell to A30 Link Road project.
We will support candidates with accommodation and/or travel expenses.
The Project comprises works to design and construct a new 6.2km single carriageway with climbing lanes from the old A30 at Victoria / Roche to the roundabout at Stenalees. The works also include three new roundabouts, as well as the improvement, rationalisation or relocation of existing access roads that bisect the new alignment and completion of environmental mitigation works.
The project has commenced but has a significant term left, and then this position would then continue within the thriving Alun Griffiths Business within the South West of England Area.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager for the scheme, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances. ·
- Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contributing to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
- Compiling the forecast programmes, complete with line managements forecast resources, and maintaining progress reporting to contribute to labour and plant efficiency and other forms of reporting.
- Contributing to the identification of change and undertaking assessments of the time effects.
- Encouraging and / or contributing method and output feedback.
- Work with the Site Agents to understand progress, milestones and activity completion
- Report programmes to NEC form of contract
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Previous Planner experience in Construction is required, preferably Civil Engineering.
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, project uses P6
- Competent user of Word and Excel
- Company car/car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.