Are you an experienced Construction/Civil Engineering Project Planner?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
Griffiths are looking to recruit a Project Planner to join our A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Redstone Cross highways project in Pembrokeshire.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager for the scheme, the Project Planner will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for the project.
Key responsibilities of the Project Planner will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Project Planner on construction projects. You will also meet the below requirements:
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, project uses P6
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths