Founded in 1968, Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Planner to be based at our site in St Austell, Cornwall.
This role is commutable from some of the following locations – Truro, Plymouth, Newquay, Exeter, Barnstaple, Torquay and the surrounding areas.
The Project Planner will be reporting directly and working closely with the Construction Manager for the scheme and you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards.
This will be a varied position and on a day to basis, the Project Planner’s duties and responsibilities will include (not exhaustive)
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs in consultation with the estimator and other team members
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting
- Compiling the forecast programmes, complete with line managements forecast resources
- Work with the Site Agents to understand progress, milestones and activity completion
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking to hear from candidates who have prior Planning experience; preferably in a Civil Engineering capacity.
Project Planner – Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
DESIRABLE – Experience in Planning Software Packages
DESIRABLE – Competence in Microsoft packages
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.