Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Planner to join our A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Redstone Cross road construction/highways project in Pembrokeshire.
The project consists of the construction a new off-line 6km carriageway. As well as the road construction works, there will be new structures: two precast bridges, multiple culverts, attenuation ponds, accommodation tracks and detrunking and active travel facilities. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with highways, structures, earthworks and drainage industry experience.
The project has commenced but has a significant term left, and then this position would then continue within the thriving Alun Griffiths Business within the South Wales region.
Given the initial position would be carried out on the A40 in Llanddewi Velfrey, near Narbeth, we will be looking to receive applications from candidates based within a one hour radius of this location. Carmarthen would be the closest town, approximately 20 minutes east.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager for the scheme, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
· Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
· Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
· Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
· Drawing up a construction programme.
· Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the work scope to others.
· Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances. ·
· Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
· Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
· Work with the Site Agents to understand progress, milestones and activity completion
· Report programmes to NEC 4 form of contract
Previous experience as a Planner on construction projects is essential.
· Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
· Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
· A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
· Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, project uses P6
· Competent user of Word and Excel
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.