Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the Midlands and South-West England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We are looking for a Quality & Assurance Engineer to work on our North Devon Link Road project in South Molton, near Barnstaple. You will ensure consistent quality & compliance standards are applied to ensure that the site is compliant with the company-wide management system.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The suitable candidate will play a key role in managing quality and assurance on site and ensuring the business maintains its ISO 45001, 9001 and 14001 certifications. The suitable candidate will have a particularly good understanding of quality management in relation to highway construction as well as:
- The implementation and upkeep of all Quality Management Systems in respect to the Works.
- Continual development and upkeep of IMS Plan and QA/QC procedures in respect to the scheme.
- Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- The management of ITPs, NCR, Inspection/Test and Material approvals and certification.
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and assurance audits.
- Developing strong relationships across the management team to ensure policies and requirements can be implemented into the day-to-day business.
- Ensure the Quality Management Plan is implemented across the site working closely with the Site Agents and Sub Agents.
- Work with the Site Project Team and the Client Management Team to ensure works are completed, recorded and approved in line with the contract specification.
- Interface with the Client and Client’s Representative on all quality issues. Ensuring reporting of quality matters is maintained in accordance with contract requirements.
- Monitor and ensure Sub-contractor and Supplier compliance with QA documentation and procedure.
- Be responsible for the Document Control Register and ensure the delivery team are working with current information and plans.
- Monitor and report on KPI`s for the site
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Experience of Quality Management within the construction industry and highway projects.
- Experience of lean tools and techniques awareness.
- Familiarity with H&S legislation/CDM experience.
- Experienced as an ISO9001 auditor with a strong knowledge of ISO9001,14001 & 45001
- Must have knowledge of the Specification of Highways Works RC Structural Concrete.
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification.
- To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card or equivalent
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths