Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for a Regional Planner with experience on Highways to join our Infrastructure business working in the Worcestershire area.
The position is full time offering the opportunity to develop, implement and support across the business a range of project and business sustainability strategies and winning future work.
The Regional Planner supports the Framework Manager with the development of a tender methodology and programme. You will provide resourcing requirements and method related pricing requirements such as phasing and traffic management. You will also produce technical submissions for bids (such as Method Statements and Phasing Plans), working with the Framework Manager to ensure a consistent bid submission. Preparing documentation for tender adjudication and tender handover.
The Regional Planner is accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
· Preparing the Tender Programme with required level of resourcing
· Developing an output schedule and advising the estimator for pricing purposes.
· Preparing technical aspects of bid submissions
· Supporting the Framework Team in preparation for tender settlements, client presentations and tender handovers.
· Updating scheme programmes as required
Required experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training
· Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
· Excellent Programming Software Skills (Asta Powerprojects)
· Performs well in a team environment
· Understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise
· Able to work to strict deadlines
· An understanding of project planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and risk management.
· Experience of working on large-scale infrastructure projects (£500k+) (either as an individual or as a member of a team with specific areas of responsibility)
· Site engineering and construction management experience is desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
⦁ Contributory pension scheme
⦁ Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
⦁ Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
⦁ Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
⦁ Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.Apply Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths