Are you a Senior Engineer with experience of Rail projects?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable Construction Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer (Rail) to work on the transformation of the Core Valley Lines on behalf of Transport for Wales. We are looking for an experienced railway engineer looking to take the next career step.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Agent and working with the Core Valley Lines Project Managers for the Packages of work, the Senior Engineer will be required to manage the Engineering Delivery of projects to comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Maintain technical knowledge and status in line with post
- Ensure safety by design
- Deliver high quality, affordable and profitable engineering solutions
- Ensure discipline design or construction complies with current applicable standards, legislative requirements and specification
- Participate in interdisciplinary design check meetings
- Provide support for tender processes including review of pre-tender information, planning, estimating and quality submissions
- Compliance with the Construction (Design) Management Regulations 2015 and the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for an Engineer who possesses the following skills:
- Good communication skills
- Able to interpret drawings and resolve problems with the design and construction team
- Work to the Network Rail Standards as applied to the schemes
- Civil Engineering, preferably to HNC/HND or Degree Status
- At least 5 years relevant engineering experience in a construction or project management role, within the railway industry
- Knowledge of the GRIP Process
- Excellent leadership, communication and IT skills
- Relevant CSCS card
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.