Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties and the West of England.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
We are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work in our South West Wales Region. The candidate will have experience of a range of contracts NEC 3 & 4, JCT and ICC, experience of dealing with a number of clients both private and public sector, with the ability to manage and mentor a team of Quantity Surveyors of varying levels, reporting to the Managing QS for our Infrastructure business.
Joining our team, you will:
- Oversee the commercial team on your projects
- Be responsible for the commercial management of your own projects
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager of the sites
- Review the monthly cost report for your projects
- Oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on the performance of the contracts in the region
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Undertake change management, provide guidance and assist the regional team.
- Administration of the schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As our ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Creativity and imagination
- A passion for safety
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths