Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Rail Planner working full time as part of our Central Valley Lines (CVL) Team, managing and co-ordinating a team of planners working on various Rail schemes in and around the South Wales area. This will be on a 12-18 month FTC, with the possibility of an extension.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Management on each of the scheme along with the Griffiths Head of Planning, you will be required to manage and co-ordinate a team of planners in the preparation of competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Organise planning team to ensure they work together effectively, integrating into AIW / AGC programme / reporting requirements.
- Analyse and review ‘programme quality’ with monthly cadence regarding period end submissions.
- Ensure planners are providing detailed reports / prog narratives on time, monitoring / performing assurance checks to enforce strong governance and reporting processes throughout the planning team.
- Ensure the integration of Project Control procedures into the planning process, conducting regular planning workshops to facilitate a universal practice across the team.
- Attend progress reviews, ensuring all potential change / time impact (CE’s, etc.) is appropriately captured and communicated.
- Provide one point of contact to liaise with client / AGC for integration / general planning / programme purposes.
- Perform regular SYPRO checks, to ensure programme submission / acceptance / rejection and resubmission and full adherence to contractual requirements
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have experience or be in receipt of the following:
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level before converting to Planner
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages, including P6, ASTA Powerproject and Microsoft Project
- Competent user of Word and Excel
- Planning and the preparation of construction programmes in both a rail and civils environment.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths