Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Transport for Wales, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for a SHEQ Coordinator to join our team working from our Abergavenny office.
The SHEQ Coordinator will work closely with the SHEQ team and other Senior Business Managers to coordinate all SHEQ processes and drive continual improvement. You will work collaboratively across all business streams and report on business compliance with all SHEQ related policies and procedures.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Maintain and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) inline with CRH Targets, including incident, near miss / close calls statistics and non-conformance statistics across all business streams.
- Monitor, review and report on Safety Leadership Tours, Senior Management Inspections and SHEQ Inspections inline with programme
- Monitor, review and critically analyse SHEQ performance information to ensure the information is accurate and achieve business target and objectives.
- Collate data, update reports and produce management reports.
- Develop and produce SHEQ performance information to assist SHEQ and Precon completing tenders
- Manage the day to day running and monitoring of the reporting system – This may include managing access, first point of contact for any enquires, run reports, keeping the live sites up to date, liaise with the SHEQ managers and advisors to ensure the correct information is being submitted.
- Collating monthly SHEQ communications in readiness to communicate to the business – This may include KPI reports, changes to BMS, safety alerts etc
- Manage the SHEQ team SharePoint site – set up file structure and monitor team members file documents correctly.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and collaborate with the SHE team to develop and apply a long-term plan to enhance Company SHE performance.
- Liaise with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Support the development of the Business Management System
- Assists in the implementing and maintaining of the certification of ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and PAS99
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Previous experience in a Safety, Health and Environmental capacity within the Construction Industry would be advantageous.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Powerpoint & Word) and using online project document management portals.
- Experience of producing performance reports which demonstrates strong analytical and presentation skills with systems such as Power BI/Tableau
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Qualification within Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality or willing to work towards qualification.
- Develop effective working relationships with managers across all relevant functions and levels
- Positively influence SHEQ leadership behaviours by your own actions, set the standard and demonstrate high standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Personable and good communicator
- Tolerant and sympathetic
- Solutions driven and focused
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths