Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Transport for Wales, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for a Site Agent for Core Valley Lines to be based in either Treforest or Aberdare. You will be responsible for the safe execution of projects from construction phase mobilisation to hand back, in accordance with company policies, procedures, and Network Rail Standards. You’ll also be responsible for the timely and commercially advantageous delivery of assigned projects. Typical projects are new stations, platform extensions, new footbridges and lineside civils.
The Site Agent will be responsible a variety of tasks including:
- Leading the site team in the planning and delivery of each project.
- Health and safety leadership to the assigned operational delivery site team
- Ensuring that site management team rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant HSE legislation and NR Standards
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target on allocated schemes as directed by the contracts manager
- Compliance with all relevant NR Standards, AGC Procedures and HSE guidance
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resource is in place for the delivery of the project and ensuring the project objectives are communicated to the site team
- Developing and maintaining a construction programme and ensuring works are communicated and delivered against milestones.
- Identifying, managing and controlling associated programme risks and communicating this as required
- Promoting and maintaining effective client and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to support repeat business
- Upholding the core company values, inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or similar or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience. You will have previous experience of leading railway sites in a supervisory, engineering or leadership capacity.
In addition you’ll be Personal Track Safety certificated and have proven leadership skills.
You will also be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card. NVQ Level 6 or working towards is highly desirable.
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance (where applicable)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.