Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit 3 Site Agents to join our team in Portsmouth.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Site Agent, you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on civil engineering projects. Specific responsibilities for this role will include:
- Complying with all HSQE systems and implementing on site.
- Managing and measuring on site productivity and performance.
- Ensuring that works activities are carried out efficiently to specification and agreed programme.
- Managing procurement and performance of sub-contractors.
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships and delivering and measuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Optimising targeted financial contribution for the scheme.
- Manage and develop team members individual performance, identify strengths and weaknesses in order to contribute to the succession planning of the business.
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have an extensive Civil Engineering background with experience of Highways/Road Construction projects. Also exposure to Drainage and Earthworks within their previous roles.
- Collaborative team player
- Demonstrable personal and organisational skills
- High level Commercial acumen
- Proven communication and IT skills
- Focusing on detail
- Self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Can solve problems calmly, safely and effectively
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Understand change and know how to control it
- Looking to progress individuals career
- Passion for keeping people safe and improving themselves, cultures and individuals
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles, including the Specification of Highway Works
- Keen to become an Institution of Civil Engineers member
- Rewards others when required
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
- First Aid at work (desirable)
Job applications are processed by our parent company, Tarmac. Clicking apply will take you to their website, but don't worry - your application will be sent through to the careers team at Alun Griffiths
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car/car allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks)
- We currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause’
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.