Since 2008 Ian has been Griffiths’ Head of Surfacing and then Surfacing Director managing a variety of civil engineering projects. Prior to joining Griffiths, Ian worked for both Mid-Glamorgan County Council and Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council as a Resident Engineer. He gained his experience of surfacing operations with Tarmac National Contracting where he was Senior Contracts Manager.
This detailed experience enables Ian to identify sustainable solutions which provide best value and minimise adverse impacts on local businesses, residents, and stakeholders.
Ian is highly experienced in managing multiple projects, swiftly mobilising his experienced delivery teams, and working collaboratively with Customers to achieve framework objectives.
Skills, Experience and Contribution
Connect on Linked
- Highly skilled in the planning, procurement, and construction of complex civil engineering and highway surfacing schemes involving significant public interface and elevated health, safety and environmental risks
- Advocate of innovative and creative engineering and environmental solutions, providing sound constructability advice
- Excellent communicator – able to proactively engage with all stakeholders to achieve the project objectives
- Collaborating and partnering within all Forms of Contract including NEC ECC Contracts to deliver best value
- Strong leadership – able to motivate and manage large multi-disciplined project teams
- Extensive knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements and objectives and implementing management systems
- Risk management and cost forecasting
- Procurement and the appropriate application of various types of Asphalt and other forms of surfacing
- Ian has developed an in-depth technical knowledge of all surfacing materials and is a valued advisor to our delivery teams and clients.